Friday, December 21, 2007

Cascade XC: Winter Training, Holiday Nutrition and Christmas Shopping.

"Don't eat fatty foods, keep it low on the treats", says Daniel, an 8th Grader at Sunrise Middle School. He may not have a Master's degree in nutrition, but he's absolutely right! There's our thought for the day - fend off those holiday well wishers that come loaded with plates of cookies and candies and pies...oh my! (couldn't resist, sorry) :-)

So I've scheduled a "brick" workout to kick off the day. For those of you that aren't familiar with triathlon jargon that means I'll be doing a bike THEN a run workout back to back. It helps the legs get used to that transition so that next summer during tri's I won't feel like I'm running on tree stumps.

After the workout I've got the last of my Christmas shopping to do. Heaven help the procrastinator who has to go to the mall 4 days before Christmas....giddyup!

Happy running,
Coach Howard

No comments: